Borussia Dortmund have fired striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang a warning over his uncertain future.
The Gabon international, who scored 40 goals in 46 games for his German club last season, has been linked with a £70m move to Chelsea, with AC Milan and PSG also understood to be interested.
Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke insists the club have yet to receive an offer for Aubameyang but warned the forward and his potential suitors that the club will not “wait much longer” for clarity.
Speaking to German newspaper Welt am Sonntag, Watzke said: “We have told Auba: ‘If you want to move somewhere, and you have a club willing to meet our demands, then come to us and we’ll talk.
“But this will only apply within a certain time window, which is slowly closing. We would clearly need to get a replacement for him, which is difficult to impossible in any event.
“We will wait for a couple more days, but not for much longer. There are no offers on the table for him so far.”
Watze admitted he hoped Aubameyang would remain at the club but conceded: “There are a few clubs on this planet where he can obviously earn more.”
Chelsea are in the hunt for a new striker, having decided to listen to offers for Diego Costa, who – along with Nemanja Matic – will miss the club’s tour of the Far East.
Aubameyang had also been linked with a big-money move to China but the transfer window there closed on Friday.
(c) Sky News 2017: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang warned by Borussia Dortmund