Woman dies & man in serious condition following suspected Carbon Monoxide leak

Woman dies & man in serious condition following suspected Carbon Monoxide leak

A woman has died and a man has been rushed to hospital following a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a property in Cannock yesterday morning.

24
0
SHARE

A woman has died and a man has been rushed to hospital following a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a property in Cannock yesterday morning.

West Midlands Ambulance Service was called by the police shortly after 10.30am to Old Penkridge Road in Cannock. Two ambulances were sent to the scene.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “When ambulance crews arrived they found two patients, a man and a woman, who had been removed from the property by the fire service after they were found unresponsive inside. Sadly, the woman was confirmed dead by ambulance staff at the scene.

“The 75-year-old man was already receiving oxygen therapy from the fire service. Ambulance staff assessed the man and administered emergency treatment on scene before he was taken by land ambulance on blue lights to New Cross Hospital. Treatment continued en route to hospital where, upon arrival, his condition was said to be serious.”